Thursday, December 16, 2004

Stuff I just have to pimp

Wow, I can finally make the definitive list of stuff that I just have to pimp:

Coupling. TV Series.
Yeah, I was a really late adopter here, my excuse being that I just couldn't trust the guy who told me about it. Simply brilliant. Except for the fourth session that totally sucks without Jeff. I just love it when characters have a single (exaggerated) attribute that steers most of their actions, but the script writers still manage to create a working (and believable) group dynamic. A few of the "let's watch this from four or five peoples perspective, and it all just fits together in the end" scenes are among the best I've ever seen.

Black Books. TV Series.
Amazing characters here too. It somehow just makes you want to be constantly drunk.

Secret History. Book.
My sister started studying greek, and I found something that actually tore me away from my computer. Sitting curled up in my sofa, drinking wine, and reading by candle light, without a doubt, my best litterary experience ever. EVAR!

The Daily Show. TV Series.
Jon Stewart and his staff of crazy ass reporters in a pseudo-political talk show. Hilarious. Might have calmed down abit after the election, though. Find torrents here.

Johanna Nilsson. Author.
I just love her "generation novels". "Rebell med frusna fötter", "Hon går genom tavlan ut ur bilden" and "Konsten att vara Ela". All excellent.

Reality Bites. Movie.
Ok, I'll just go ahead and admit it; I'm secretly in love with Troy Dyer. "At the beep, please leave your name, number and a brief justification of the ontological necessity of modern man's existential dilemma and we'll get back to you."

Gilmore Girls. TV Series.
I totally thought that those Dawnson Creek bastards had screwed up any chance of me enjoying a series about 16 year olds, but no. It all just works. I love it!

Jeff K. Former hax0r.
HELO FAGORTSAND WELLCOEM TOO MY NEW AND EMPROVED HOEMAPEG!!!! HELLO I USED TOO BE A HAX0R BUT NOW I AM A COMPUTAR CONSULTANT BECUASE HAX0RING SI ILLEGAL!!!



Addendum
I don't really think the situations portraited (sp?) in Coupling are realistic.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shades said...

Coupling totally rocks. "Steve, I have the key to the gates of paradise...but I've got too many legs!"

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home