Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Stupid things in 2005, Genesis

Sometimes things are just plain stupid, and you really want to smack the creator upside the head with a large trout. This isn't usually possible, so we're left with the next best thing: bitching about it in our blogs!

Without further ado, and mostly because I couldn't come up with anything witty to write, I present the first candidate for "Most stupid thing of 2005".

Hand histories at Expekt and Ladbrokes
After I've played a poker session, I like to export my hand histories for later perusing. I know that there's a delay between actually playing a hand, and it showing up in the history, and I'm perfectly fine with this. And here comes the stupid part! The session summary, showing how much you left the table with, shows up before all the hands are there, so you have no way of knowing if you'll actually get all the hands you played if you export the session.

Yes, I know, there are a lot more stupid things out there, but I just had to get the ball rolling, and thought that this was a good a candidate as any.


MSN Messenger and Outlook
I'm actually a rabid Bill G luvah, and the new handwriting function in Messenger 7 is ace (well.. for inserting obscene drawings in conversations at least), but it has some really ass features. Sometimes it just won't shut down, saying that someone is using one of it's components, when it clearly is the only program running, and yesterday, I noticed the most stupid behavior; it automatically starts when you start Outlook! I usually don't shut my computer down at work, but instead close all the programs, check my mail one last time, and leave. And of course, there goes that little bugger, MSN.

Addendum
Ado and adieu are pronounced the same. Well I'll be damned..

Is it possible to compose a tune, using only the pronounciation feature at Merriam-Webster Online? "Addendum" does kinda sound like a drum beat. Hahaha! Try playing "addendum" followed by "cheese" and tell me that it doesn't sound like a bass drum followed by a high hat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home