Friday, December 17, 2004

Of heavy machinery, disappearing shirts and small children

"Everybodies here, the puke smells like beer". I was listening to an old Live album on the bus this morning, and the lyrics just struck me as, well, odd. I wonder if it feels strange singing about beer-scented vomit.

Live must be a great band name, if you don't want people just googling and finding mp3s. In much the same way that xXx is an excellent movie name.

Ok, imagine I had a piece of heavy machinery (mommy, what's a euphemism?). Something that when used, could shake a whole appartment complex, effectively pissing off everyone in say a 50-meter radius. What would be an appropiate time to use this weapon of mass destruction? A show of hands, perhaps? Anyone think that 7.00 am is a good time? Anyone at all? No? Then why the hell do you bastards do it?

There is nothing worse than being woken up after just a few hours of sleep by some sadist who thinks that the crack of dawn (haha, I just can't write that without thinking of Nvidia) is a good time to be pounding his jackhammer.

Can't we just pay an extra $5 per year on our rent, and bribe these guys? Oh, no, I would like an extra "don't fucking wake me up before 10 am" tax. I mean, this is Sweden, after all :)

But, seriously, what do they do at 11.00 am when they're done for the day? Go home and sleep because they got up so damn early?

My sister likes to point out that people without any real problems (as if being a white, heterosexual, well educated dude, with a high income job isn't a burden in its own right), shouldn't really be complaining. I invite her to tell me att 7.05 next time, because I won't be able to hear her :)

Next topic. The disappearing shirt. I actually wanted to write a sad piece on what it would be like if clothes had feelings, and the horrible rejection they would feel when I bought a new pair of trousers that suddenly became my favourites, and I wore day in and day out, while the old ones just lay on the floor by the bed, gathering trouser-dust. Instead I'll just complain because I couldn't find my blue striped shirt that I wanted to wear to a party tomorrow.

And finally. Where do all the little kids go that rush past you when you're sitting on the bus? I was in middle position (busses have positions, don't they? The driver, of course, being under the gun), when about 100 kids got on, and bouncing and screaming they all run past me, until they were gone. Every last one of them. Makes you think, doesn't it?

Everything about you is how I wanna be
Your freedom comes naturally
Everything about you resonates happiness
Now I won't settle for less
From Bliss on Origin of Symmetry, by Muse.

[0C370E28]

1 Comments:

Blogger Shades said...

Maybe the 100 kids took your shirt and "left the building." They went to the giant playground in the sky with the neverending swingset and the incredously large sandbox. Or maybe they became very small and disappeared on one small seat at the back of the bus and then some large pizza-chef with a humongous moustache sat on them.

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home