Thursday, October 06, 2005

Tjing, tjong, kinaman

Last Christmas I got a wok from my girlfriend's parents, and after the mandatory smiles and thank yous, it's been gathering dust in my cupboard for the last ten months. Until this Monday, when I had some sort of epiphany, and decided to try the old bugger out. And now I'm hooked.

Check this out.

We are talking about a 10 minute dinner, that not just macaroni and meatballs!

The first two tries, I used some Santa Maria Oyster and Garlic sauce, with wok vegetables, prawns and friend chicken, and it was pretty yummy. But the real cincher came yesterday when I decided to go old skool and instead make do with some stuff I had lying about in the kitchen.

I started out with the same base of prawns, chicken and vegetables (woking this stuff in oil instead of butter really makes a difference), and then added coconut milk, a couple of tea spoons of sambal olek and red curry paste, and ground some ginger. I let this boil for a couple of minutes, and voilĂ , I had myself one monster serving of tasty shit!

To this I had rice noodles, and this must really be a slackers dream. You bring water to a boil, throw in the noodles, remove it from the stove, and let it chill for 3 minutes before rinsing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home