Tuesday, October 11, 2005

The meeting that wasn't

So, I found my papers from Arbetsförmedlingen, and the meeting I was supposed to go to was today. It's not like I didn't try. Here's what happened.

I got up around 8, which is probably the earliest I've been up in the last six months. After showering and moseying around the flat for I while, I realized that it was probably time to go if I was going to be there at 9.05.

Which I wasn't. I was there at 9.07. No biggie, I thought, and asked the woman behind the desk where I was supposed to be. To which she replied that I was late, and that they had already shut the doors and started informing people. I naturally asked if she was joking, and pointed out that I was a mere 2 minutes late. She told me that this was done to be fair to everyone, and somehow I managed to not say that I'd gladly take a 2-minute disadvantage to the mental giants that were on time.

The reason I started bitching was because I had some vague notion that being in this meeting was a prerequisite for me getting A-kassa.

Anyhow, she told me that they were showing a video presentation, and that this started at 9.05 sharp. I asked her if they couldn't just press play again when it was over, so the latecomers could see the few minutes they missed. No, this couldn't be done, as after the meeting, it was time for some tête-a-tête with a counciller. I asked if they couldn't just start with the people on time, while the rest were watching the video again, and she gladly informed me that I was entitled to my opinion.

I asked about the A-kassa thing, and this is when I couldn't really hold back a small laugh. Yes, the meeting was connected to A-kassa, but not as in that you actually have to be there, and get the precious information. You just have to try to be there on time, and I was happily marked as having been there, and I was given a new time in 2 weeks. And I promised to be there at 9.05. Suckers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home