Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Streamlining

It's funny when things you're used to using everyday suddenly break down and stop working, you sometimes realize that the appliance wasn't really as life threateningly important as you first thought.

About a year ago, my cable operator changed their encoding system, and my pirate card stopped working. I thought I was going to die, going from 80 channels to 8. But somehow I survived.

Yesterday, the TV in my bedroom suddenly switched itself off, started smelling of burned electrical parts, and refused to come on again. It did make rather annoying clicking sounds instead, but this wasn't really what I was after. I immediatly thought that the apocalypse was upon us, but lo and behold, I'm still here.

And it was actually a pretty nice break, grabbing the laptop and sitting in the sofa for a while, watching CSI and playing poker.

Although, not being totally amish, I think I'm going to have to buy a new TV anyway..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home