Tuesday, February 22, 2005

For great justice

There really is nothing more satisfying then when idiots get what they deserve. Over the past 2-3 days, I've had two of these encounters in Warcraft.

The first one happened a couple of days ago, when me and a friend had battled our way through a cave full of monsters, to try and kill the three boss mobs. Once we got there, we were surprised to find another group of two players waiting for the bosses to spawn. I asked if they wanted to combine our groups, as the quest was only about killing these guys, and if we teamed up, it would be easier, and less painful for everyone. Under normal circumstances, this is a retorical question, because there really is no point in not joining forces.

But, nooo, these guys didn't want any part of it. They wanted both teams to go through the boring ordeal of waiting for the bosses to show up (we probably waited 5-10 minutes for them to show).

This basically turns the encounter into a stupid race, because the team that hits a mob first gets the kill. My characters is a mage, and has a spell that instantly hits everyone withing a 10 yard radius for a little bit of damage. The damage is small compaired to the mobs health, but more that sufficient to tag the creatures, so we get the kill. And this is exactly what happened. The guys spawn, I blast frost nova, we kill the bad guys, and we're done. The other team is left standing there swearing like sailors. To top it off, while we were leaving, they got jumped by 4-5 other mobs, and I'm guessing that they died. Hilarious.


The second encounter happened earlier tonight, when I was in a party of three, questing up in the mountains of Redridge. All of a sudden, a rogue runs up to me, and starts challenging me to duels. I decline, as I'm obviously busy with my group.

He is really a persistent prick, and keeps spamming me with 6-7 challenges. And I keep declining. He then proceeds to call me a coward, and I reply, "yeah, whatever, now please fuck off". This doesn't really help the situation much (in retrospect, I should probably have explained the situation to the guy. Oh well). I decide that I might as well accept the duel, just sit there, and let him get the win.

The duel starts, I sit down, and he goes into stealth mode. The funny thing is that I can see him sneaking around behind me, so I think "nah, I think I'll give it a try". I basically do what I'm supposed to when battling rogues, keeping him at a distance, and hitting him with my heavy nukes. Everything just clicks here, and after my second hit and run, I notice that he is just about dead. This is also when I notice that I've actually frozen him to the ground in the midst of the monsters that my group was busy fighting. And the monsters don't seem to have anything against finishing off what little health the rogue has left. He dies, I run over to his corpse, point and laugh.

For great justice!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home