Friday, February 18, 2005

Kinda funny

I've tried out a whole bunch of anti spyware programs in the past, and the one I chose in the end was Giant AntiSpyware. This was all fine and dandy, until one day I logged in on their website to download a new version, and was greeted with a statement proclaiming that they had been purchased by Microsoft.

Now, I'm in now way going to bitch about business practices, and stuff like that, because frankly, I don't give a rat's ass. I'm pretty sure that the guys at Giant are filthy rich, and that this move will most likely end up benifitting the end-users.

Aaaanyway, today I came across a download for the new Microsoft AntiSpyware, and started installing. I couldn't help chuckling a bit, when I noticed that nothing had changed from Giant to M$, apart from what looked like a global search and replace.

Two things pop up in my head. 1) Why is this called Beta 1, when the Giant guys were actually selling the product. 2) I'm curious as to whether Bill G is going to charge money for the program. If not, then I think I have to proclaim him Robin Hood of the day. And if he is, well I'm just going to warez it anyway :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home