Thursday, March 24, 2005

To whore, or not to whore

The bizarre world I live in, just got a little bit stranger.

For my incredible contribution to the company over the past 9 months, I've just been given a sizeable amount of stock. Ok, it isn't a vast amount, by any means, but anyway. I've been given 1250 shares (the current market value is $25.10 a share).

I can cash out in 4 rounds. The first round being in January 2006, when I'm entitled to sell 500 of these shares. And then another 250 each year after that.

If it wasn't for the 70% tax I'd have to pay, I'd probably consider whoring, and sticking around..

On a related note, isn't it strange that someone who earns less than I do, gets to keep more of the profit? I'm not against progressive taxes on regular income, but on stuff like this, it just seems wrong.


"People who make dumb analogies are like morons."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home