Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Impeccable timing, dislodging the thumb and a mystery solved

So, hokay, I've been goofing off at work for about six months, arriving late, leaving early, and basically not doing all that much. I've gotten used to it, my co-workers seem okay with it (seeing as they're not really doing all that much either), and management isn't really complaining either.

Today is my last day at work before the holidays, and this morning I get an email from the boss, asking me if I could send along a bunch of files and utilities that I said I'd look into a couple of weeks ago. Which I of course had completly forgotten/neglected. I frankly never thought this would come up, seeing as most other tasks have a way of just disappearing.

Darn, I fired up the projects in my compiler, and noticed where I'd left off. The bloody thing doesn't even compile anymore.

I guess the gist of this is that I'm stuck with a shitload of work, very little time, and even less motivation.

Following this rather glum introduction, I have several positive notes!

I think I'm on my way towards dislodging my thumb from my ass, and finally getting some real coding done at home. I finally got round to hammering out a simple bug yesterday that has had me stumped for the past several weeks, and I felt that I might actually get something done during the holidays. Hooray!

On a related note, I hope that having one's thumb up one's ass is a valid English expression. If not, it damn well should be.

I've solved the mystery of the disappearing shirt!

As the astute reader may recall, my blue-striped shirt went mysteriously missing last Friday. Well, this morning I found it lying on the floor, and next to it were three of my stuffed animals, Franklin, Wilson and Sam, and they all looked very guilty indead. Sam tried to give me the "how can I have commited a crime when I'm obviously lying on my head"-look, but I didn't fall for it. The motive for the theft is still unclear, but I assume it has to do with the guys feeling abit neglected. Sorry guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home