Tuesday, May 17, 2005

The end of an era (or: the master of slack)

Yeah, sorry for not posting in, shit, almost a month, but a lot of crazy stuff has been happening, and I actually became so paranoid that I thought the powers that be were reading my blog, and using it against me.

So, what's up, you ask?

Well, for I thing, I just got fired.

And I'm so unbelievably happy with the outcome, that there's no way to express it. Tears are litterally streaming down my face as I write this.

This may come as a shock to some of you, but I've had pretty poor attendance at work the past, oh, 9 months or so. And this has secretly been pissing off my boss. So much so, in fact, that a couple of months after I got the written warning, I got a new one, that said that they were fed up with me, and they were firing my ass in two weeks time. This is also about the time I stopped blogging.

I froze for about a week, not really knowing what the hell to do, and then luckily came to my senses, and called my union. (In the words of a fat gangster, probably called Tony, "Nobody fucks with the union").

Aaand today we finally had our little meeting. My two bosses, me, and the union chick. This is where they pretty much revealed that they had been monitoring my working hours for the past 5 months or so. Kinda sad, but anyway.

In order to avoid nullifying my contract, I can't really say what kind of deal I got, but I can safely say that the deal + the 80% guaranteed income for 100 days, I'm looking at 8 months with no financial worries at all, and I don't have to do a god damn thing.

I hereby proclaim myself the new king of slack. Booyaa!

Oh yeah, I was even pretentious enough to have the following bye-bye letter:

Hejsan!

Idag är min sista dag på jobbet, så jag tänkte mest bara säga adjö, och lycka till med allt!

And now, the end is near;
And so I face the final curtain.
My friend, I’ll say it clear,
I’ll state my case, of which I’m certain.

I’ve lived a life that’s full.
I’ve traveled each and ev’ry highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

I planned each charted course;
Each careful step along the byway,
But more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Yes, there were times, I’m sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew.
But through it all, when there was doubt,
I ate it up and spit it out.
I faced it all and I stood tall;
And did it my way.

I’ve loved, I’ve laughed and cried.
I’ve had my fill; my share of losing.
And now, as tears subside,
I find it all so amusing.

To think I did all that;
And may I say - not in a shy way,
No, oh no not me,
I did it my way.

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught.
To say the things he truly feels;
And not the words of one who kneels.
The record shows I took the blows -
And did it my way!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home