Monday, April 11, 2005

The suspense

A few hours after I'd sent in my CV, I got a mail from the boss, telling me that they indeed had two senior programmer positions open, which needed filling immediately.

He said he'd call me today (hehe, I find it hard to write that, without picturing someone doing the "whisper 'call me', and do the silly hand telephoney thing"), so I'm sitting here, waiting, nervous as hell, and I hardly dare rush off to the bathroom, in case I miss the call.

I'll keep you guys informed, don't worry.


Yay, just talked to the guy, and I think everything went well. I'm going to visit the guys on Thursday, to see what they're up to, and I'm pretty psyched about it.

Ding, it just occured to me that this is probably an interview, and that means I'll be wearing my hot dog t-shirt. Hooray! (and in some alternative universe, which is actually a college movie, I'd be wearing this.)

It was kinda amusing when Eric (the boss) apologetically informed me that I would have to take a C++ test, that would take about an hour or so. He also added "in case you want to work with us". I honestly don't know if it's something about my demeanour, or what it is, but it get those kinds of comments quite a lot, and it always feels weird when I'm the one who's asking for a job. It's not like I have this huge list of options, or anything.


I was telling Malin about the conversation, and the following was pretty funny

Malin says: vad e rang rangs?
magnus says: koreaner

Yes, the company is creating a MMORPG for the asian market. I hope I'll be in charge of the auction house that sells used panties. I think what I'm trying to do now is get all my stereotypical views (and I have a lot) out in the open, so I wont feel the need to offend any potential customers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home