Thursday, May 19, 2005

The Excuse chain

I pride myself in being able to put off doing things by building a long chain of dependencies between chores, and in the end realizing that I'm not really in the mood for putting in the tremendous effort anyway, so why not just go back to bed.

My latest dilema is as follows: I want to:
- Return my keys and some stolen books to work
- Go to the gym

Seems simple enough? Dead wrong!

I also have to get dressed, which means I have to take a shower. But I don't want to take a shower now, go to the gym, take another shower, get dressed, go to work.

So, I go to the gym now? *Buzzer* Wrong again. I'm currently wearing my last pair of clean underwear, and if I go to the gym now, they'll undoubtadly end up sweaty, so I'll have to go commando to work. Which, now that I think about it, actually seems like a pretty fun idea.

Ok, this was a pretty stupid example, but I hope you get the picture.


I just recieved some pretty hilarious gossip about my old workmates. They were apparently under the impression that I was secretely working together with a couple of friends in Lund on a new racing game, while at the same time getting payed up here. It's a nice thought and all (apart from all the enormously stupid contract violations I would be commiting), but guys, seriously, I wasn't working on anything at all.


Hihi, I'm currently waiting in the CSN telephone queue, and I'm actually looking forward to explaining my new economic situation. I wonder if they'll think it's a good idea if I just pay a small symbolic sum each month?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home