Thursday, February 10, 2005

Food in abundance

When cooking for myself, I love making really large portions, that I can wallow in, eat till I feal I'm going to explode, have a little nap, and then just another bite or two. Today I just made one of my favourite quick lunches, baked potatoes with creme fraiche.

It goes something like this:

2 potatoes for 1 portion

Creme fraiche (for 2 portions)
2 packets of creme fraiche. I usually use tomato/chili, but today I used basil and garlic.
2 red onions, slice and dice
2 red chilis. chop chop chop
2 cloves of garlic. press.
2-3 spoons of dijon mustard. I love dijon, so I might be using too much for some people.
acacio honey (the liquid kind). a good old squirt.
chive (gräslök). fresh is great, but frozen works too.
salt & peppar.

Just stick the potatoes in the micro (make some holes in 'em first). 15-16 minutes. Pour the creme fraiche into a large bowl, and stir it a bit. Now you just chop everything up and stuff it in the bowl. Add the mustard and honey, stir some more and have a little taste. More mustard? More salt? Go wild.

The great thing is that it takes around 10 minutes to prepare the sauce, so you have enough time to clean up before the potatoes are done.

Enjoy!


I just downloaded the first episode of "Numb3rs", a kind of CSI meets A Beautiful Mind. I haven't seen enough to be able to decide if it's cheesy or not, but it's probably worth checking out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home