Thursday, May 19, 2005

Brock and Kelly have come home

I just came back from my previous place of employment, and have dropped off my keys, and collected my two most valuable possesions: two posters of Brock Lesnar and Kelly Taylor.

I took a stroll round the office, and said goodbye to the people there, and this was quite a funny experience. The responses ranged from sincere "good bye and good luck", through polite bye byes to people just plain ignoring me.

I had a hard time not snickering when I entered a room with three programmers, and said "bye". One guy quickly looked up, and muttered something, but the other two kept their eyes firmly glued to their screens, and just ignored me. I know for a fact that I bruised a few fragile programmer egos in my roll as lead there, but I was actually expecting either a simple farewell, or maybe even that one of those pussies summoned enough courage to tell me to fuck off, and that he was glad I was leaving. Oh well.

One guy was really cute, and just didn't want me to leave. When he heard about the decision to fire me, he came to me and started bitching about the management having made many poor decisions, but this taking the prize. He also wondered if I'd consider staying if I didn't get fired, but I sadly told him that I didn't really feel welcome any more.


It feels good to have come to some sort of closure with Warthog now. There really isn't anything or anybody that I really care about left there, so I'm not going to have any difficulties just moving on, and just seeing this as my introduction to the gay ministry. It's been an interesting three years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home