Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Fuck, fucking fuck.

I just have to bitch somewhere, and this is as good a place as any.

I got back from Göteborg today, and turned on my computer. Nothing. Nada. Not a single sound. Shit. After a few minutes of fiddling, it was time to just admit that the power supply was gone, and that I would have to buy a new one. Said and done, and walked down to the local computer store, and bought me a new power supply.

I was relieved when I had connected the new PSU, and the computer started up, and began booting. Until the dreaded "BOOT DISK FAILURE" message. Shit again. It appears my main drive is toast as well.

And just to make matters even worse, Windows BSODs when I try to boot from my installation CD, or from my old C:.

Time to start removing network and sound cards, and see if I can get it to boot. Otherwise I guess I'll have to assume that the motherboard is fucked too.

And this happens as the same time as those incompetent ass-munchers at Warthog decide to screw around with my salary. Oh well, I hope my landlord understands that raiding the Molten Core is more important than paying the rent, this month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home