Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Doyle is the king

I started reading Doyle Brunson's Super System (also known as "How I made $1.000.000 playing poker"), and I have to say that Doyle is the man! THE MAN!

I am just such a sucker for stories where people drive around in a beat up old car, and just do cool stuff. Be it Kerouac, Brunson, Amarillo Slim and Sailer Roberts, or the four dudes from Road Trip, I'm hooked.

Oh, oh, and reading about poker sessions lasting for days on end just makes me want to pool my bankroll and jump in on some crazy 25/50 NL action.

I need this stuff now, to avoid falling to pieces reading about the catastrophe in southern Asia. It's just so fucking unreal.

Addendum
Kerouac was mainly namedropping. On The Road was ok reading, but I think you really had to have been there to really appreciate it. Give me Hunter S. any day of the week. Except for his Hell's Angels book. I haven't really got through that one yet..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home