Sunday, December 26, 2004

I'm a misanthrope

I just got back from Christmas dinner with my girlfriend's family and relatives, and I'm probably the worst person in the world to invite over for these type of events. Alot of people I just can't fucking relate to.

I guess it boils down to me just not being interested in what 99% of people do (wow, crazy lady, you raise dogs, and this little bastard knows circus tricks. What the hell am I supposed to say?), and probably being quite immature for my age. When people start talking about their friends getting married, having babies, building summer houses and shit like that, I just don't know the proper etiquette. Oh, and the endless babble about grandma knitting socks for everyone, that not everything at Ullared is of pristine quality, a story about some distant cousin that even I've heard so many times it's lost whatever little charm it once had. Aaargh, just kill me already..

I suppose I'm really just being an asshole, and should accept the fact that sometimes I have to do stuff against my will, if it will make someone I care for happy, and just not bitch about it.

Damn, I miss being a child, when openly displaying your discontent was just considered cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home