Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Another day, another dollar

I feel a bit distracted today, with a lot of strange thoughts flying around in there.


So, what's new in sex? I just love that phrase, and have to start using it when talking to younger people. Preferably with a straight face. Quite possibly the only good thing to come out of Friends. Okay, now I'm just being mean.


I must pimp the band Finch. Their album "What it is to burn" has been playing constantly on my iPod for the last couple of days. I was heavily into the whole hardcore/skate-punk music cirka 93-95, but then began moving into the more noise rockish waters, which is where I'm quite firmly rooted today. But then Finch came along, and I was 17 again. Yay!


Totally hooked on Wow, bla bla bla. New post coming up?


My time perspective is pretty screwed up at the moment. I haven't played poker for four or five days, but it already feels like an eternity, and I'm afraid that I'll start typing stuff like "WTS: 72o, WTB: AA" in the poker chat.

The problem is basically that poker and WoW are competing for the same time slot, and they both fill the same needs with me. When I reached the point where I was more or less constantly winning at my level in poker, it did feel like a RPG were I was collecting XP instead of dollars. Some might argue that dollars are, in fact, more useful than XP in Warcraft, and I might have to admit that they do indeed have a point.

Both games also have (and need) an open-ended time frame to be able to play well. I can't just sit down and say, ok, I'm gonna play poker for an hour, and see how much I win. I start getting impatient, playing bad hands and bad draws, stuff like that. You really need to be able to sit down and say, I'm playing till I drop. Or go to bed. Or whatever.

This actually leads me to my next subject; We should start demanding more from the medical industry.


I think sleep is vastly overrated, and would love it if I needed a 1 hour rest period or something every day, and that was it.

To do this, I would probably need some killer drugs, which I don't think are available at the moment. These drugs might in turn mess up some of my organs, but I wouldn't really have a problem with replacing the guys when the need arose. I mean, it's not like I know what my liver looks like anyway, so I certainly wouldn't object to it being replaced.

Why isn't there a (bigger?) designer drugs industry, where people can buy the stuff they want? Hey, there's nothing medically wrong with me, but I know that I can feel better. How about that wicked hormone/endorfine balance you get when you've just recovered from a mild hangover? You know, where you feel like anything is possible. I want to feel like that all the time. And I only want to sleep 30 minutes a day. And don't point me to some stupid study about mice with buttons and electrodes inserted into their pleasure centers :)

Wow, if I carried on like that for another ten pages, it might just sound a little like Dennis Leary.


Oh, yeah, how about this astonishing report. This can only be true if masturbation counts as both exercise and playing an instrument, and the pagan rituals that all rpg-players engage in are classified as religious activity. I'm convinced.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home