Thursday, January 06, 2005

Six hours later, ten bucks poorer

I have just finished a six hour session, six tabling Expekt and Ladbrokes, and have played an obscene amount of hands. Net result, well minus 10 dollars.

It was one hell of a roller coaster ride, and some really strange things happened. I busted out twice, refusing to let go of AA and KK, when I was obviously beat. I managed to double up, going all-in preflop with AA (against pocket Hellmuths, perhaps?), had some nice calling stations calling me when I had TPTK letting me win $20-30 pots, the same calling stations calling my TPTK with top two pair, too afraid to bet and stealing some money back. I managed to get out of a scary hand. I had Hellmuths, bet 8xBB, two callers, flop is J88, I bet the pot, caller one raises, caller two calls, I fold. Caller one has J8, and manages to double up. Great call, d00d!

Ok, my gut feeling is that I should be able to destroy these tables, but something just isn't working. I really need to work on minimizing my losses, somehow. It's mainly the TPTK hands that bleed me.

I think I'll spend tomorrow in quite introspection, checking out the sessions in PT, scanning the 2+2 forums, stuff like that. I need to start adding VP$IP notes on players too..

Hey, wait a minute! I made a Royal Flush too, so I'll probably get $25 for that. Yay, I earned $3 an hour :)

A butt-model can make $10k a day. Where do I sign up?

Well spank my ass, and call me a bitch! I just had a quick peruse in PT, and saw that the position I was losing the most money in was the big blind. Somehow this all makes sense. When I get my ass whiped with top pair, it's when I'm out of position, and I know that a lot of cards can break me, so I end up betting the flop, getting called, and having to fold the turn. The plot does indeed thicken..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home