Monday, January 17, 2005

The Week in Warcraft

So, I've been playing an insane amount of World of Warcraft this week. How much is an insane amount, you ask? Well, my character is 3 days old. This means I've actually played the damn game for three whole days out of the past seven, so about 43% av my life has been devoted to my alter ego Danfoss and his pet bear Fozzy.

The more I think about it, the crazier it sounds. My situation at work is so screwed up though, so I don't think anyones really noticed. I wonder how many people truely get hooked on stuff like this, and then just fuck up their lives.

I think the worst is over, though, as I did reach some kind of turning point yesterday, when I started on a new character. I basically want to try out all the possible class/profession combinations that I find interesting, and when I'm done with that, my interest will simmer down to a much healthier level.

It has been, and still is, great fun, and I'm so impressed with the design team over at Blizzard, that I don't know where to begin. The "just one more level" factor is amazing, and it just keeps you stuck at the keyboard.

Oh yeah, I started on a very devious plan yesterday, that I'll tell you guys more about as it evolves. In the mean time, you shouldn't always trust innocent little gnomish girls with pink hair.

This is probably a little too nerdish for most, but this video is just so damn cool. It shows an undead rogue assassinating the three bankers in the dwarven capital Ironforge, in the middle of probably a few hundred alliance players. I'm rolling a rogue tonight, that's all there is to it. By the way, was that just a euphemism?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home